Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Hi! My name is Sofia Borea. I am from Toronto, Canada which is very far away from New Hampshire. It's about nine hours away from school but the flight is only one hour. I play on the Women's Soccer team here at the school. My junior year of high school I decided that I wanted to play soccer in the states since there is lots more opportunity for athletics. I have played soccer since I was four years old and passion for the game is what brought me here. I am a junior TBD major and I am minoring in Communications. I really like New Hampshire and have made lots of good friends. I definitely get homesick at times since I am so far away and do not have any family living in the United States. Here is a picture of me playing soccer from this past season!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sofia! I can't imagine what it must have been like to start college in a different country! Being on a sports team probably made settling into a new place a little easier. I'm also a student athlete and I have become very close friends with my teammates and they always helped me feel less homesick. I am also a TBD major with a Communication minor, too! I think the two subjects go really well together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Canada is such a great place, I still get homesick too! Great photo!

    ReplyDelete

YAY!

HAPPY GRADUATION to the VERY first class of TBD majors!!! (I wish we could celebrate in person!)