Sunday, March 1, 2020

Chapter 5


Chapter 5 of Electronic Literature describes kinetic poetry as a form of poetry that sort of navigates space and time. That’s a broad definition, but it makes sense in my mind based off Scott’s description. It talks about how it takes from all sorts of early poetry: sound, visual, even moving letters in film. He then moves onto to the topic of how modern kinetic poems have changed with computers (Like every other digital medium.) Then he talks about a few programming languages as a form of kinetic poetry. BASIC and HyperCard. Then he moves on to Flash and JavaScript as plugins to allow people to create and see visual elements. Honestly this chapter left me confused.  Because I love you)last night is equally as confusing to me. It reminds me of some points covered in the chapter because it plays with visuals and seems a little ahead of its time.  The poem Dear e.e. is more what I was picturing from the chapter. I liked all the movement and interactivity with the words and poem.

I wasn’t really interested in the referenced things this chapter so I’m going to talk about twine instead. I think twine is the easiest HTML program to learn and like how fluid the movement from link to link is. It could even be a good example of words moving through time and space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

YAY!

HAPPY GRADUATION to the VERY first class of TBD majors!!! (I wish we could celebrate in person!)