Sunday, March 1, 2020

In chapter 5 kinetic and interactive poetry were discussed and given the categories of being relevant in time and movement. Kinetic poetry is based off how animation moves through the poem while interactive poetry relies on the relationship between the poem and the reader. To me, both forms of these poems allow for the reader to have a different experience and even engage more heavily with the writing. This allows for a further understanding to develop and I even think it makes me pay more attention to detail.

dear e.e. was a kinetic, and quite frankly a chaotic poem. When I think of poetry I think of a way to relax or have an expressive moment of feelings. The poem almost seemed triggering but I think the chaos of it was a good way to represent how someone may feel in that moment, especially the dream they were supposedly in. Dreams often don't make sense and leave many waking up in confusion. Looking at the everyday objects move so quickly could have shown that these what are to be, simple things are actually items that bring back "painful" memories. When you hit "wake up" a short description comes up. It seems like lori janis has ambition and hope for the future but ingrid ankerson just wants to make it to the next day to complete everyday tasks.

Cassie Haskell

1 comment:

  1. I really like the way you explain dear e.e. I also find reading poetry to be a more relaxing experience, and this was chaotic. I believe that although I enjoy the interactive element, I much prefer to focus on word choice and syllable sound when I read poetry, but that's just a personal preference.

    ReplyDelete

YAY!

HAPPY GRADUATION to the VERY first class of TBD majors!!! (I wish we could celebrate in person!)