Thursday, March 26, 2020

Chapter 6: Network Writing

Chapter 6 of Electronic Literature by Scott Rettberg is about network writing. He defines network writing as, "electronic literature created for and published on the internet."(152).  Rettberg writes that though video and audio are important aspects of network writing, the main component of network writing is the actual text. Some examples of network writing include: Flarf, home page fictions, email novels, fictional blogs, Twitter fiction, online writing communities, collective narratives, Netprov, and network critiques. After reading this chapter, I realized that network writing is very prevalent in the world around us. A section I wanted to learn more about was Twitter fiction. I feel like tweets are a part of everyday life whether I'm viewing them directly from the Twitter app or if i'm seeing them broadcasted on Instagram, Facebook, or even Tik Tok. I searched for Bogost and McCarthy's Bloomsday on Twitter. I found a deeper explanation of this project on Bogost's website http://bogost.com/writing/blog/bloomsday_on_twitter/ It seems like an interesting concept but I had difficulties finding the actual tweets or even screenshots of the tweets online.

Maddie

1 comment:

  1. I also looked at Twitter fiction! It is so commonly used today that I think it is a great collaborative form for authors to become more engaged with their readers.

    ReplyDelete

YAY!

HAPPY GRADUATION to the VERY first class of TBD majors!!! (I wish we could celebrate in person!)