Sunday, February 16, 2020

Entre Ville by JR Carpenter & Red Riding Hood by Donna Leishman

After reading the text and viewing the website I thought Entre Ville was easier to read compared to Patchwork Girl. The first thing I noticed with Entre Ville is when you hover over an object, it would change making it easier to know which object opens up a new text. This was one of my problems with Patchwork Girl is I kept getting lost in the text because it does not make it easier to move across the sections. Another part of Entre Ville I enjoyed was it opened up a new tab making it easier to follow the story. The use of pictures were also creatively used because the text in the story had a direct correlation. The story within Entre Ville that was the most interesting to me was the "Sniffing for Stories". I though it was interesting how the first paragraph was from a dogs perspective and in the next paragraph is about observing the dog.

I thought Red Riding Hood was the easiest to follow because it was a fairly linear story compared to Patchwork Girl and Entre Ville. Despite it being it being the hypertext with the least amount of text it was still easy to follow because it is retelling a popular story. The use of visual play a key role similar to Entre Ville, but unlike Entre Ville I felt Red Riding Hood relied on images more instead of text.

Tim W

1 comment:

  1. I liked how Red Riding Hood felt like a game. At first I thought it was really cool until things got weird about halfway through. Even though Red Riding Hood was Linear, it felt like there was a lot still going on.

    ReplyDelete

YAY!

HAPPY GRADUATION to the VERY first class of TBD majors!!! (I wish we could celebrate in person!)