Sunday, February 16, 2020

Patchwork/ Red Riding Hood

I liked Patchwork Girl because while it was difficult to navigate I enjoyed the Frankenstein references. As one of my favorite novels, I liked the comparisons and quotes pulled from Shelley's works. As for the. hypertext in all, it was hard to figure it out in terms of storyline and was generally very confusing. Some of the sections had few choices while others had a ton of options to click on. Some parts were black and white and others colored and while the storyline connected I found the general web of it all very. disorganized. However, I liked the story and it was cool to experience this sort of Hypertext. I think it was a solid introductory work to test out.

As for Red Riding Hood, I liked it. it better in the sense it was a lot more guided and easier to navigate. There were a few choices and it. seemed more instructed. I followed the story and overall it seemed less like hypertext and more like a movie. I thoroughly enjoyed the animation and it was cool to see the differences of that versus Patchwork Girl

2 comments:

  1. I agree, Red Riding Hood felt more like a movie than hypertext but I also feel for me it was far more enjoyable than Patchwork girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with this statement about the accessibility of Patchwork Girl vs that of Red Riding Hood. Red Riding hood was a bit more simple and clear. However, I did like Patchwork Girl because it really gave you a look inside the visuals that were behind the text.

    ReplyDelete

YAY!

HAPPY GRADUATION to the VERY first class of TBD majors!!! (I wish we could celebrate in person!)