Sunday, February 16, 2020

Red Riding Hood and Entre Ville/Patchwork Girl


I consider Patchwork girl and Entre Ville both very boring works of E-lit. Patchwork girl was just to confusing for me and I got lost in class. This could also just be because I don’t like Frankenstein that much either. Entre Ville felt like a weird, French, walkthrough of a house. I didn’t understand the videos an it felt like some weird new age art piece, even though it’s not necessarily new anymore. I tend to like more game like works of e-lit, or at least some clarity regarding structure and purpose. If the purpose of the piece lies withing the structure, make it clear.
Red riding hood was much more fun for me and easier to get through. I liked how it was playable and allowed the reader to alter things, or at least gave us the illusion of alteration. The story wasn’t really easy to follow but that was due to the narrative itself, I wouldn’t have understood the story even if it was written out. It seems like some kind of unfortunate example of sexual misconduct. I didn’t really know. But what I can easily conclude from these works is that I enjoy a more game like story more than an edgy, mix of visuals and text. Also I loved the little beats in red riding hood, the audio helped set the vibe from the very beginning.

1 comment:

  1. I do agree that Patchwork Girl was confusing which was one of the reasons for me on why it was hard to read. I agree with you that Red Riding Hood was the e-lit story I enjoyed the most because it was interactive

    ReplyDelete

YAY!

HAPPY GRADUATION to the VERY first class of TBD majors!!! (I wish we could celebrate in person!)