Monday, April 13, 2020

Instagram Illustrators

I'm not sure whether this counts as a digital text or meme, but I really like following illustrators on instagram. Here are a couple screenshots of posts by an author named Alison Zai. Her art is a weird combination of cute and cynical, but she focuses on a lot of deep topics. These two pieces were posted recently, one of them being positive and hopeful, and the other one reflects how I'm sure a lot of people are feeling right now. We tend to put our value into how productive we are, which isn't always healthy, especially during a time of crisis. I think it's important to remember that we do not always have to be productive and if the only thing you accomplish is getting through the day, that's okay too.

Meg Champagne

       

1 comment:

  1. These are awesome and I love them so much. I love this type of humor that also has a really deep meaning behind it and I really like the art style used, too. I see memes like this on social media all the time and honestly they're some of the only things getting me through quarantine some days. I agree with your point about not always being productive to be of value. That's a difficult concept for me most of the time, but it's important to take a step back and find some humor in all of the trauma that's going on around us. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

YAY!

HAPPY GRADUATION to the VERY first class of TBD majors!!! (I wish we could celebrate in person!)