Sunday, April 5, 2020

VR Ted Talk

I thought the introduction to the Ted Talk was interesting because he talked about his experience with playing with the Evil Knievel toy. I had always thought of VR as a electronic software, but hearing how Chris Milk was able to create a new world just by his imagine brought an interesting perspective on VR. The Wilderness Downtown was a neat project that combined real world interaction and VR. Even though the person running down the street was not actually your street, because the Google Maps popup would appear it gave the impression the person was running down your street. Hearing about the camera used in his VR project was interesting to me because of how the 3D camera covered the whole camera and had microphones on all sides. I had always associated VR with games, but seeing how VR is being used to cover stories of real people and how immersive it can be shows the potential VR has. I think it is hard to view movies and videos specially for VR without a VR headset because you are not getting the full experience. For example with the video Pearl, I was able to see the video and look around, but I most likely was not going to get the full experience without VR.

No comments:

Post a Comment

YAY!

HAPPY GRADUATION to the VERY first class of TBD majors!!! (I wish we could celebrate in person!)