Thursday, April 2, 2020

Pearl Response

I found Pearl very interesting because it was different from media I normally view, however I don't think I would like to view a movie designed in the same way. I felt that the art was lacking in comparison to the sound which was so impressive. I was also frustrated by the angels, because it feels like you are the one sitting in the passenger seat for many shots, however that is not the case for all of them. When the camera is no longer in the passenger seat and it moves around, the point of view of the viewer gets very blurred. Am I seeing the story through a third person? An invisible character? The angle of the stereo itself? I don't really know. I don't believe a movie filmed this way would do well, but I did enjoy it as a short clip. I feel that as a music video it works best, because although it is designed to be VR, I found that the art style worked best as a 2 dimensional piece. When I watched the behind the scenes clip and saw how the creators intended their characters to pop out of the screen, they became less artsy and cute to me and more creepy. I'm not particularly sure why this is, but that was my reaction none the less.

Sabrina Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment

YAY!

HAPPY GRADUATION to the VERY first class of TBD majors!!! (I wish we could celebrate in person!)