Monday, April 13, 2020

"How We Feel"

I chose to share the app “How We Feel”, which is collecting data regarding the pandemic. This is not a work of art in the traditional digital literature sense, however I thought it would be a good piece to share because it is similar to our class assignment, “We Feel Fine”. The app records the number of people in your town who feel good and the number of people who feel sick. It also records how many people in your county have tested positive for coronavirus. It is not exact, obviously, as it relies on user participation to gain these estimates. I was surprised that so many people in my county had tested positive, because there has been very little coverage of that in my local news. Although the data is not entirely accurate, I still find the app quite interesting and consider it a very good idea because it gets the public more engaged in the situation around them. 


Sabrina Brown

2 comments:

  1. This is a really interesting idea! I honestly can't tell if it would comfort me or make me feel worse. It would be cool if everyone downloaded it so that the numbers would be accurate. I feel like right now there is so much false information out in the world it can be a little overwhelming and I don't always know what to believe or how to feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really interesting app, it was interesting to see the different cases by county

    ReplyDelete

YAY!

HAPPY GRADUATION to the VERY first class of TBD majors!!! (I wish we could celebrate in person!)