Tuesday, April 7, 2020

VR and Queerskins


Chris Milks Ted Talk is exactly what videos I love to watch on the internet, the discussion about VR and filmmaking is so interesting. I love the explanation of his past and his first music video with Kanye West, the “signature” from Evil Knievel got me laughing as well. The videos he uses to further his point like the boy flying the bird is eye opening to what this technology can offer. The camera they use to film in 360 degrees just feels so futuristic to me. I know there are a bunch of 360 cameras (some of which are pretty affordable) around in the market but I never really thought about using them for VR, I thought they would die out over time. When he shows the video in a stretched out way giving a 360 view without having to even turn your head is not only a good way to show VR but for photography purposes it would be a cool idea. I would love to see the films he talks about that they are going to work on in the future, it sounds very eye opening especially when it is in VR making it feel more lifelike.
The concept of Queerskins is pretty cool, the way the characters in chapter 2 are made from pixels makes it feel more like a game versus a story, not being able to see it in full VR it catches my eye to see what stories can be told through VR and that answer is basically anything. Whether it be a real or fictional story of real people or computer generated characters the experience is like no other and the options are endless.


-Mason S.

1 comment:

  1. I thought his explanation and his experience with his first music video was also interesting to hear.

    ReplyDelete

YAY!

HAPPY GRADUATION to the VERY first class of TBD majors!!! (I wish we could celebrate in person!)