Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Response to Pearl

The video was so cute and heartwarming! I kept expecting there to be a sad ending but I was pleasantly surprised. Throughout the video I kept wanting to look around, but I was worried I was going to miss something important. I also thought the sounds were really impressive! It sounded like I was in the car with them, and it I liked how at one point when the dad was singing outside of the car it sounded distant, like how it would sound if you were really there. It was a little strange seeing animations with such real sounding audio. I'm not sure if I would want movies to be like this because it would completely change the meaning behind the stories. Filmmakers use different angles and points of view to convey meaning and give the audience hints at what the characters are thinking. It would completely change the format of filmmaking. With VR, you have control of what you look at and could easily miss something important. I do think it could be used to help people empathize with others and see different points of view because it is so immersive. I definitely would not want to watch a scary or suspenseful movie with VR, I would just want to stick to light and happy stories.

Meg Champagne

No comments:

Post a Comment

YAY!

HAPPY GRADUATION to the VERY first class of TBD majors!!! (I wish we could celebrate in person!)